Norton Green | Noticeboard
Read all about Community Events etc in and around Norton Green village.
Do you have an event in your community or anything else that you want to advertise here? .... Please contact site editor for details.
Learn To Scuba Dive With Professional, Experienced Instructors @ SCUBApursuits
- Local Scuba Diving Centre, based in Newcastle-under-Lyme, is offering anyone that's interested the chance to find out just how easy it can be to Live the Dream!
- A full range of PADI Recreational Diver Courses, PADI Professional Courses and IANTD Technical Courses, run by friendly, experienced staff.
The SCUBApursuits Dive Centre
Hassell Street, Newcastle, Staffordshire.
T: 01782 616453
Spring/Summer events for the village this year organised by the Norton Green Residents Association are as follows and are all subject to confirmation:
- April 15 … Litter Pick Meet on Village Green @ 11am (all kit provided)
- May 20 … Photography Walk around the village bring your digital camera, the best pictures will be used for the village calendar. Meet on the village green at 11am. Snacks @ Foaming Quart after
- June 3 … Jubilee Party and tree planting on village 10.30 am start
- June 3 … Zion Methodist Chapel 155 years Anniversary. An afternoon tea will be served @ 3.30pm, hymn singing 5.30 til 6pm. The Res Association will stage a display of photographs & memorabilia
- June 7 … Meeting @ Janet Fox's house to organise Garden Party 7pm
- June 17 … Garden Party @ Janet Fox's Endon Road
- Sept 15 … Norton Green Annual Vegetable & Produce Show @ Zion Chapel 2pm til 5pm
Save Ford Green Hall
Recent news headlines tell us that yet another part of our heritage is up for sale!
Ford Green Hall is a fine example of 17th Century architecture and has been a local authority museum for over 50 years.
Ford Green Hall is the oldest house in Stoke-on-Trent built in 1624 and is an important part of the city's heritage. A timber-framed farmhouse, it has survived a lot including being six foot underwater after a flood in the 1980s. A popular visitor attraction and venue for educational visits and weddings, Ford Green Hall is visited by 11,500 people a year.
Local residents have set up a website that has an online petition and includes links to the Halls history and the Press release announcing it's closure.
"SUPPORT FORD GREEN HALL" the website can be accessed by using the link below …
Phoenix Regeneration Project North Staffordshire
‘The Phoenix Trust - Campaigning to Make the North Staffordshire Coalfield a World Heritage Site’ …
Historical geographer Betty Cooper and David Martin have prepared an illustrated talk to introduce the Phoenix Trust and explain the benefits World Heritage Site status will bring to North Staffordshire.
If anyone would like to join the campaign or feel they can help in some way please get in touch email: email@example.com
Visit our website at www.northstaffordshire.co.uk
Paranormal in Staffordshire
Sirs, I would welcome the opportunity to appeal for ghost stories via your website.
Following on from my previous published works, I have been commissioned to produce a book on the ghostly tales of Staffordshire. With ghost books it is important to get the right mix of the traditional tale, the updated story, and the brand new in order to satisfy as many readers as possible. I have plenty of the traditional, but would be grateful for any information, leads, or pointers to personal experiences you could offer. Of course if you desire anonymity that would be guaranteed.
Any information or stories can be sent to
Chell Heath Residents Association
We are looking to start a Dance Band & are looking for girls to be coached by a professional choreographer ...
If you would like to join please contact Tel: 07884168430
Or you can drop in at the Residents Centre:
461/463 Chell Heath Road, Chell Heath